Monday, October 29, 2012

Day 65: Dreams and Memories


Early this morning I woke up with a dream fresh in my mind. Usually (for some time now) I wouldn't hold onto it or even look at it unless there was knowing or feeling that it's important and I should look at it. However, since I had seen the subject of dreams come up on one of the forums, I decided to look at this one. The dream in itself was one that used to be reoccurring yet hadn't reoccurred in quite some time. What was interesting about looking into this dream was that: first, whereas usually I as mind would jump at the chance to go into pictures, I noticed that I had to directly energetically push/move to go into the dream/memories. Secondly was that when comparing the contents of the dream, there were pictures/images with meanings associated with them, yet they were as / the same as a memory / in the same category as a memory. In other words, as I lay there directing myself to look at this in review, everything was clear, yet I was unable to distinguish whether it was of a dream or of a memory of an actual occurrence. It was a cool experience, and I was reminded of a warning not to trust your memories because they can be manipulated. Also, I've written extensively on the subject of memories in that I do not put any faith/trust in them. This evening while writing this, I’ve put the pieces together and determined that the images/point presented had to have been of a dream, yet it does appear that some records have overlapped. From now on I'll start occasionally checking dreams to see if this happens again. In the “mean” time – as this experience has shown me, don't trust the dreams/memories, leave the past where it lie.

  • I forgive myself that I have accepted to not see/realize and understand that I've perpetuated a crime against myself by thinking that my dreams could be memories and in thinking did not see that I had left myself behind and gone into the mind. Within this I see/realize and understand that the way forward is to stay out of the mind no matter what tricks are used to lure me in – there is no need to go there. Thus, I commit myself to not look at memories or dreams unless I clearly direct myself to do so from a starting point of self directedness.
  • I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to go into energy in terms of looking at this whole incident in attempting to make it more than it is – a dream that feels like a memory. Within this I see/realize and understand that I may fine what I’m looking for, but that doesn't mean that it's really there. Thus I commit myself to not “read” into anything, and instead observe and direct in accordance with what is best for all.

No comments: