Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 72: Consumer Zombies


Zombies, that's what their calling them, and if you have a look at the many videos posted on the internet, of the Black Friday consuming frenzies, they – the consumers do look like zombies. I wish I was kidding, yet this is not a satire. Watching the the videos of the hordes of consumers lining up at 2:00 am, fighting their way through the doors just to get their hands on that gadget because little Johnny's just dying to open it up on Christmas day. This is what we've “evolved to, this is what we call civilization. It would be a joke if it wasn't so sad, perhaps the ignorant reading this will even laugh. They just don't see the other side of consumerism, the side that is too week to fight, the side of that pays for our gadgets with tears and lives – the crying dying side that consumers prefer not to see, yet all know is there. A friend of 20 years – of the few I have left, called me to come visit him in another land – cheap wine and women. I spoke to him about what is going on in this world, the mind and money, etc. He listened, yet has chosen to ride the wave of good times as long as he can, for after this he says, “there is no more.” I like him because at least he has chosen his fate, to die by the sword, and not play ignorant amongst those who profess love and light and conveniently prefer not to know. Where is the life in we human beings? I write about it, commit to stand for and as it, yet still find myself wondering where is the life. I do not see it in the faces of the zombies. It must be there in nature, the animals, the children, and even in the insects – there is life there. I'm way beyond disheartened, and far too awake – imprinted by now into my beingness, to ever go back, to that – the zombie state of Consumerism.
  • I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to project blame of the state of this world, onto others – the consumer zombies, and within this not stand and take responsibility for them as me. I see, realize and understand that I am equally responsible for the state of this world as everyone else, if I were a zombie I would hope that those who weren’t zombies worked relentlessly to save me from dying as a zombie. Within this, I commit myself to stop my tantrums and focus on what I can do make sure that the human race and the rest don't all go down because too few were able to stand.
  • I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to envy the ignorant in their willingness to go on playing, ignoring what is to me plain to see, the ever creeping consequences of the human race to consume itself and everything else to oblivion. I see, realize and understand the fear that keeps them holding onto ignorance, hopeing that the consequences just don't catch up to them before they die, and within this I commit myself to not judge them or me for our fears. Instead I commit myself to doing what so many seem unable to do – change, because each point of change within the whole is part of the process of changing the whole.
  • I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate within and as emotion/feeling as laughter to disguise the solitude and emptiness I feel inside. Within this I realize that this is just the mind wanting more, and it solve anything – but contributes to the problem. Thus I commit myself to not allow myself to fall into the mind's trap of “life got you down,” and simply walk here in breath, directing me in a manner that produces an outcome that will be best for all.
  • I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to wonder why I can't see the life in the faces of so many human beings, and within the not realize that I only see in them what is within and as me. I'll find it and if I don't find it, I’ll create it as me.

No comments: