Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 85: Reacting to students who refuse to participate in the Program.


The other day in my 3rd grade class, I kept asking a girl, to pay attention and take notes. Finally I asked her why she wasn't taking notes, and she says, “My father doesn't want me to write this.” Right there I reacted, and the words came out inside me, “What do mean you Father says... I'm the teacher, and I say...” Instead I said, I'm giving you the test questions and the answers. All you have to do is copy them down and remember them.” No response, and I don't really blame her. Why should she pay attention when what I was doing had nothing to do with teaching or learning, but was solely for the purpose of getting kids to do well on a test – of material that I had supposedly covered, so that it would appear as though the students had actually learned the material, so that the parents would be satisfied and keep paying $1,000 a month to send their kids to this school. I've written about this before, the state of the education system that places profits above all else, as a system where the standardized picture is presented from the top-down, forcibly imprinted into/as the children, and accepted by the parents who have by choice or necessity abdicated their responsibility as parents, in favor of a system which provides both the answers and the questions, insuring through information overload, that the 99% will never realize how/why the system really function, thus keeping the 99% herded and locked up safe(ly) in their standardized realities.
  • I forgive myself that I had accepted and allowed myself to react to a student's refusal to participate in the scam called, education. I forgive myself that I had accepted and allowed myself to participate in the scam – called education, instead of directing myself to deal with the situation in accordance with what is/was best for all.
  • I forgive myself that I had accepted and allowed myself to view her refusal to participate, as a challenge to my authority, and within this not see, realize and understand that she wasn't challenging my authority, but simply standing her ground. Within this I see/realize and understand that unless I am standing for and as what is best for all, I am not standing as authority but personality/fear.
  • I forgive myself that I had accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that all that I react to as a challenge to me is actually personalities attempting from a starting point of fear, to hold onto the fear-based definitions that I have accepted and allowed myself to be defined / limited by.
  • I forgive myself that I had not accepted and allowed myself to realize that the students show me who I am by what I accept and allow myself to react to, and within this I commit myself to stop all reactions within and outside the classroom, as I realize that reactions are of a starting point of programmed personalities – fear.
  • I forgive myself that I had accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that to be without personalities is to be free to give what I would receive, and within this I commit myself to continue to de energze the personalities all the way down to the memories/experiences from which I created them, until there are no more.
    equalmoney.org


No comments: