Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 91: Cannibalism


I just had another dream, it was similar to the scary ones I used to have while growing up. The dream was of seeing and participating in the aftermath of a societal-breakdown. It was chaos and cannibalism – hunger rules. In the dream, society quickly breaks down, and food becomes the only point of view. Bands form to capture and feed off of others. In one scene, a few have tied down their captive and are getting ready surgically remove an arm. The idea, as there is no refrigeration, is to keep the victim alive as long as possible . In that scene, I struggle and fight. For or against: what's the difference, for within the total collapse of society – the final stage of the Consumer race, there are for the 99%, still only two sides of the same coin – those that consume, and those that are consumed. Towards the end of the dream, humanity begins to reorganize; people's trials are held, and sentences of revenge become sport of the day. In one of the last scenes, I see the one accused of surgically removing limbs to feed off of while keeping the body alive. His sentence is a choice of a quick death or to cut off his own arm. As for me, I’m once again focused on fleeing, escaping and evading.

This kind of dream of escaping and evading is nothing new to me. How close are we to such a scenario these days? For those living in cities dependent upon Oil to transport food, chaos is always only just a few days away. As for cannibalism or zombie mobs, Americans might want to look deep-down inside and ask themselves what all the guns and ammunition are really for. What lengths will human beings go to protect their families and feed their children? This dream of mine placed our limited options into perspective for me. Human beings' changing in an orderly manner is possible and most definitely preferable to playing-out the game of consumerism to its end. The cannibal dream occurred sometime before 1:00 am. At 2:00 am I participated in a chat about the nature of human-beings. Are we able to change our nature? My answer to this question is a definitive, Yes we are; and Yes, I am. Roasted human probably tastes just like roasted pork. But is it really necessary for us to take it to that, to finally realize where we're already at?

Self forgiveness
  • I forgive myself that I had accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that the only choice for us all is to stand for equality, and change ourselves. There is no need for more suffering, all that is required is the will to change – let go of our illusions and embrace what is psychically here. Within this, I commit myself to walk through the fear of falling; I commit myself within and as the understanding that as I direct myself, I stand and walk for what is best for all.
  • I forgive myself that I had accepted and allowed myself to desire to see humanity brought to its knees so that all would see the reality that has been ignored, and within this not realize that there is still time for us to change ourselves and others as ourselves. I now see, realize and understand that the end game – as in the dream, may be a means to an end, but it's not the solution; repeating the mistakes of the past never is. The solution is for us all to understand where we've been, how we got to where we are, and to direct ourselves to change the nature of ourselves to that which respect all life equally as one.

No comments: