Saturday, June 25, 2016

Process Update: Part I - June 25, 2016


I guess it has been about one year since I last wrote one of these updates, where I am and how I am doing. The plan was and still is to change me to a point of responsibility to stand within and as (as the saying goes) the system and change it as I change me.

A couple of years ago, I realized that, I still had quite a few limitations, real or perceived that I was still holding onto. Therefore, instead of attempting to influence or move the entire globe of humanity, I decided to focus on what I was already familiar with, the education system in Taiwan and to an extent, mainland China. My plan was simply to do as I had been calling for others to do, stand within and as locations of the system and change it from within.

In short, I chose a university that was close to home and in very nice area in central Taiwan. The name of the university is Asia University, Taichung Taiwan. It took me about one year to get a job there. I spent the first six months setting up my getaway (LOL) and I used the second six months to target my words very specifically so to do everything I possibly could to get that job. Whow! If only we humans (including me) understood fully the extent or impact our words have on creation, as in who we are and the outcomes we influence... Actually, I’m not certain how much would change with just understanding, because in essence we already understand how we create. The problem is that, we as a whole have not yet taken responsibility for our creation from the starting point of equality and oneness with what is best for all. This is a point that is changing rapidly and I’ll probably expand on it a little later.

My plan was (and still is) to remain positioned at Asia University for 3-5 years. I am now in the last week of my second year and I have signed a contract to do a third year. The school has not yet signed my contract; however, I guess they are probably going to sign it. This afternoon, I will attend a Ministry of Education conference on education reform in Taiwan. Thirteen universities will be there to present the outcomes of their reform projects that they/we have been implementing over the past two semesters. I am scheduled to present a couple of ppt slides and perhaps say a few words. I will probably have about five minutes. I have an idea what I will perhaps say; however, having practiced opening up points when it’s time to open them up, I have come to agree that there is little sense in attempting to plan every word that I am going to say. Actually, my boss or a colleague  may end up using all the time, lol. So, I will let you know (read inform you) how that goes in part II of this process update. There is so much more to say. Having completed a part of a mission that I have undertaken, I now plan to refocus a lot more effort unto my personal process. I begin to refocus by posting part I of this update.

No comments: